Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pacifica!

I have this strange candle obsession, and I have recently taken it so far as to start coveting a specific brand: Pacifica. For some reason I am utterly certain that Pacifica Soy Candles are the most amazing on the planet. They smell unbelievable, they feel soft and squishy, and they look so darn classy. My problem is, I am sort of cheap. I just don't see the point in spending over $10 on a candle. Heck, who should even be spending more than $5 on a single candle? So, for the longest time, I have lusted for the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Candle. I kept telling myself over and over again that someday when I have an amazing, high paying, full time, permanent job, I am going to spend $100 JUST on these ridiculous Pacifica Soy Candles. Because (until today), I have never owned one before.

Luckily for me, Cyberite and I went shopping on Main Street in Vancouver today and came across a store that was selling older scents of Pacifica candles for 50% off the original price of $14. I think $7 is pretty ridiculous for a small candle... but not for a Pacifica! So now I am the owner of a ridiculously overpriced candle, and I couldn't be happier. It isn't my Tuscan Blood Orange, but Persian Rose is good enough until the cash flow increases!

2 comments:

sleepyboy said...

My, my, you sure are moving up in the world.

feral geographer said...

Hi Pacifica,

I'm feral geographer and along with Mae Callen of Driving Fast on Loose Gravel, I'm working on creating an active blogroll of queer blogs from Canada and/or by Canadians. The project is called Queer Canada Blogs, and we've added your blog!

Please check it out and let us know if you have any suggestions for blogs we can add.

Thanks!
feral geographer

(Feel free to delete this comment... I just wanted to contact you, and couldn't find an email address!)